|“||Why, I remember when I first had to deal with something like this||”|
While helping Zee get ready for a performance, Karen notices a pimple on her own forehead and begins to panic. To put her at ease, Zee tells her about her own childhood, traveling and performing with her father, John Zatara.
One morning, Zee suddenly found herself able to perform various magical feats, but could not control them and tried to keep them a secret from John. They were invited to perform at Abracadabrapalooza (a magic festival), but Zee backed out on the night of the show, fearing that she might ruin the act. A surge of her power destroyed the dressing room, but John burst in and repaired it by casting a spell of his own.
John's ecstatic to see that Zee has powers of her own now, revealing that he himself has powers as well, but chose to keep them a secret because he didn't want Zee to feel bad in the case that she never developed powers.
John gave Zee one of her grandfather's spellbooks that she could use to control her new abilities, and the two did their show together to wild applause from the Abracadabrapalooza crowd. Zee concludes her story by telling Karen to embrace change rather than hide from it.
- Kimberly Brooks as Karen Beecher/Bumblebee
- Phil LaMarr as Giovanni Zatara
- Kari Wahlgren as Zee Zatara/Zatanna
- This episode shows a flashback of how Zatanna got her powers.
- This also takes place before the events of "Illusions of Grandeur".
- After reran twice on STACKTV, the episode is called a Christmas Special.
- This is the second time none of the main characters transform into heroes.
|v • e Generation 2 animated media|