Kara's grades are so poor that her counselor advises her to join an after-school club in order to have any chance of passing for the semester. She rejects the other girls' suggestions, but is drawn to a mecha-oriented media franchise whose fan club Garth Bernstein heads up. As she starts to develop an interest in remote-controlled robot fights, new student Winslow Schott challenges her to put her spot in the club at stake in a bout. Winslow cheats by using an EMP to disable Kara's robot, and Garth falsely claims the fight was fair so the two boys can enter a tournament at a local fan convention. Discovering that Winslow plans to cheat again in the finals, and distracted by the presence of Kara cheering for him in the audience, Garth publicly reveals the scheme and gets the team disqualified. Enraged at losing the tournament, Winslow (now adopting the supervillain identity of Toyman) grows his robot to giant size and rampages through the arena, but Kara suits up as Supergirl and destroys it to defeat him. Now back on good terms, she and Garth resume their after-school robot fights.
- Kimberly Brooks as Karen Beecher/Bumblebee
- Grey Delisle Griffin as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman
- Jessica McKenna as Garth Bernstein/Aqualad
- Charlie Schlatter as Winslow Schott/Toyman
- Nicole Sullivan as Kara Danvers/Supergirl
- Fred Tatasciore as Announcer
- Myrna Velasco as Jessica Cruz/Green Lantern
- Batgirl and Zatanna do not have any lines in this episode.
- The episode title is a reference to the sitcom series According to Jim.
|v • e Generation 2 animated media|