|“||You're not, under any circumstances, to put these two together. Do you understand?||”|
The episode opens with Kara asleep in her room, interrupted by Zee who brings in her two magical bunnies in separate cages. Zee reminds Kara that she agreed to bunnysit them while Zee makes her first paid performance as a solo magician. Zee warns Kara not to put the bunnies together. Kara, acting indifferent to the bunnies while Zee is around, immediately baby-talks them when Zee leaves, and takes them out to play with them. The bunnies magically spawn heaps of tiny bunnies which Kara tries to put away, but more and more keep appearing. The bunny spawn spills into the street and floods it.
Eventually, the bunny spawn floods the park where Zee is performing. At first Zee and Kara sweep the spawn into Zee's top hat and make them disappear, but more and more keep flooding in. Zee casts a hate spell on the spawn, but this turns the flood of bunny spawn into a giant bunny monster made up of individual bunny spawn. Kara is eaten by the giant bunny monster but flies out with the two magical bunnies in her hands and breaks the bunnies from their embrace, making all their spawn disappear.
- Keith Ferguson as Jeremiah Danvers
- Nicole Sullivan as Kara Danvers/Supergirl
- Kari Wahlgren as Zee Zatara/Zatanna, Tommy
- Zatanna: I gave you one rule!
- Kara: No! You gave me like 500 rules!
- Zatanna: And you broke the only one that mattered!
- Kara: HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW HARRY HOUDINI WAS A GIRL!?
- The names of the bunnies Blackberry Hazel von Hausle III and Dandelion Pipkin de Heisenplay are references to the characters of the book/movie Watership Down.
- This episode reveals that Kara has a soft side.
- Lauren Faust, the show's creator and the executive producer of the episode, had previously written she's "a huge Star Trek dork", and compared the episode "Swarm of the Century" from the series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic to the Star Trek episode "The Trouble with Tribbles" and the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends episodes "The Trouble with Scribbles". M.A. Larson is the writer for both "Swarm of the Century" and "Adventures in Bunnysitting". The line "time to take out the adorable trash" is spoken by Kara in this episode, and by the pony character Rainbow Dash in the episode "Swarm of the Century".
- This episode's title is a reference of a 1987 film and a 2016 remake Adventures In Babysitting.
- While Supergirl tries to have a standoff against the bunnies, you can see a portrait of Wonder Woman that was portrayed by Lynda Carter in the 1975 TV series.
|v • e Generation 2 animated media|