|This article is about Batgirl (G2). For the generation one version, see Batgirl (G1).|
Barbara Kathleen "Babs" Gordon (also known as Batgirl) is one of the main characters in the second generation of the DC Super Hero Girls franchise. She is a member of the Super Hero Girls, the daughter of Commissioner Gordon and a student at Metropolis High School.
Depiction in the series
Barbara and her father move from Gotham City to Metropolis and Babs gets to study at Metropolis High School (which she was enrolled). Her dad gives a homeroom number to her and drives to work. Babs then suspects some of the girls who seem to have superpowers. She enters the school with her schedule on it. At lunch, Babs starts throwing food at Kara, which she was mistaken that Karen was the one who threw food at her. She then throws back to her, in which Jess blocks her by using a food tray but the food hits Zee's hair. After that, Babs declared a food fight and Mr. Chapin interrupted, causing the 5 to go to detention on their first day. Moments later Wonder Woman, who cut class, entered the room. Babs then confirms her suspicions and Diana was impressed since she has never seen anyone other than her be eager in saving the world of man. All of the girls then agreed that they will become Super Heroes and Diana agrees to take lessons in becoming a normal teenager.
Batgirl is the comic relief out of all of her friends. She is known to be bubbly, cheerful, confident, fun-loving, funny, ambitious, and downright optimistic. She is the one who wants everyone to get along and is often seen as the "cheerleader" in the group because of her contagious enthusiasm and zest for life. However, she is a fangirl and her determination makes her destined to be Batman's future sidekick. She is also a creative problem solver and will use her creativity and her surprisingly analytical thinking to stop the bad guys and be the glue in her friendships.
Barbara Gordon is a short teenage girl. She has apricot skin, bright green eyes and long, orange hair which she generally ties into a ponytail. She wears a purple hoodie which has bat ears on top of the hood as well as yellow stripes on the sleeves, with a purple collared-yellow t-shirt underneath. She also wears dark purple shorts, long socks with white, purple & yellow horizontal stripes, and yellow shoes with white decorations.
As Batgirl, in Season 1, she wears a purple Batsuit with yellow gloves, yellow boots, a golden utility belt, and a golden bat logo on her chest with her orange hair cascading down at the back. For Season 2, she temporarily shares the same outfit as Batman, which is the same as her last costume but colored black and gray.
- Swiss Army Knife Batarang: Contains a toothbrush, fork, key, and corkscrew.
- Grappling Hook
- Bat Stab
- Shark Repellent
Appearances Throughout the Franchise
- Sweet Justice
- Burrito Bucket
- Meet The Cheetah
- Super Who?
- Shock It To Me
- She Might Be Giant
- Fight At The Museum
- From Bat To Worse
- Crushing It
- Misgiving Tree
- Beasts in Show
- Gotham Con
- DC Super Hero Boys
- Soul Sisters
- Rage Cat
- The Good The Bad and the Bizarre
- Back In a Flash
- Power Surge
- Scrambled Eggs
- Ally Cat
- Dinner for Five
- Living the Nightmare
- All About Zee
- Tween Titans
- Emperor Penguin
- Breaking News
- Crash Course
- League Of Shadows
- House Pest
- The Bird and the Bee (no lines)
- Fantastic Beasts and How To Mind Them
- Awesome Aunt Antiope
- School Ghoul
- The Fresh Princess of Ren Faire
- Am Batgirl
- According to Garth (no lines)
- Super Wonder Bat Bee Zee Lantern Mobile
- Sirens Conch
- Anger Management
- Happy Birthday Zee
- Enter Night Sting
- World's Finest
- Working Stiff
- The Minus
- Accept No Substitute
- The Warrior and the Jester
- Mother Knows Best
- Detention Club (no lines) (cameo)
- Small Victories
- Cruz Control (episode)
- The Aquaman Cometh
- Nightmare in Gotham
- Super Sleeper
- Bat Catcher
- Hamster Con Queso
- Hashtag Frowny Face
- Bat And Switch
- Plight of the Bumblebee
- Faulty Powers
- Pack Bat
- Kara Care
- Silver Scream
- Prize Fighter
- Let Them Eat Pie
- The Slow And The Furious
- Lost And Found (no lines)
- Ad Blockers (no lines)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Vanity Insanity (no lines)
- Photo Oops
- Stress Test
- Comic Gone
- Tough Crowd
- Booth Boot
- Sofa So Good
- The Bee Stands Alone
- Veggie Burrito Bucket (voice only)
- Sucker Punch
- The Commute
- Super awesome superheroness, here we come! - "Sweet Justice"
- I missed you SBFF! - "Frenemies"
- I tried blaming the burrito, I tried blaming Barry, but the truth is, I only had one person to blame - myself... - "Back In a Flash"
- I am the night, THE EMPLOYEE OF THE NIGHT!!! - "Burrito Bucket"
- Fine, I'll clean up. A bit... - "Pack Bat"
- Oh my GOSH it's you! It's really you! - "Am Batgirl"
- This incarnation of Batgirl references the 1960s Batman TV series on a few occasions.
- Her superhero design is loosely based off the Yvonne Craig portrayal of the character.
- She has a stash of shark repellent.
- On the Cartoon Network rebranding trailer, she wears her new outfit for Season 2, sharing the same appearance as Batman.
- Barbara's hoodie is similar to her generation one's appearance.
- She uses Twilight Sparkle's voice from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, another show created by Faust.
- Tara Strong, the voice of Batgirl, previously voiced Batgirl for a majority of DC Animated Universe sequences, which included The New Batman Adventures, Batman Beyond, Gotham Girls, and Super Best Friends Forever (another Lauren Faust series). She continued to voice Batgirl/Barbara Gordon in the Cartoon Network series Beware the Batman, Teen Titans Go!, and voiced her in Batman: The Killing Joke.
- In "Living The Nightmare," it is revealed that her biggest fear is sharks.
- She doesn't like Bruce Wayne, but she likes Dick Grayson (In the comics).
- This is due to her not knowing their secret identities.
- She has mentioned her mother in “From Bat To Worse” and “Dinner for Five“.
- She can speak Spanish, as demonstrated in "Burrito Bucket."
- She has the same age as Harleen, as depicted in "Gotham Con," since they were best friends since Grade Two.
- She is the only member of the group that doesn't have superpowers.
- When one thinks about it, Jessica and Karen don't have superpowers because without their Green Lantern ring and Bumblebee suit they will be powerless.
- She has the most appearances in Season 1.
- She has undergone a costume change in Season 2, especially in "Am Batgirl."
- She's part of the Metropolis High School Marching Band and plays the xylophone.
Click here to view this page's gallery.