|Fantastic Beasts and How To Mind Them||Gallery||Transcript|
#FantasticBeastsAndHowToMindThem is the forty-eighth episode of Season 1 of DC Super Hero Girls.
|“||You shall not be my breakfast. Instead, you shall be my pet.||”|
Diana comes home from school as Julia tells her that Queen Hippolyta left something. Julia was out of the room and Diana goes to her bedroom to see some stuff that Hippolyta has sent her. She sees an egg and takes care of it before going to bed. Without warning, the egg hatches and Diana sees a baby Griffin named Steve. She offers him mint chocolate chip ice cream, which made him have a sugar rush. He then wreaks havoc all over Diana's bedroom as he breaks a vase on which it appears to be a picture of a hydra. As Diana follows him, a green smoke emerges from the vase and heads outside.
At Sweet Justice, Diana brings Steve to show her friends how cute he is. Jessica reminded Diana that taking care of a pet is a big responsibility. She went back to her home and went to bed. The next morning, things just got worse. Diana woke up and saw Steve, who grew to be the size of a dog.
Then at school, she shows him again to her friends. The others adore at Steve while Jess tells her that she shouldn't bring him to school. They were interrupted by Mr. Chapin. Fortunately, they weren't caught, but Steve had escaped. They rush to the science lab where Steve had eaten Hammy the hamster but he spits it out anyway. She reluctantly brings him to Babs for some advice. Babs teaches her by showing her dog, Ace, for a lesson by throwing a tennis ball. Then it was Steve's turn but instead, he swallowed it. His eyes had peered into the bird's nest and caused chaos all over the park. Diana chuckled nervously, then she went home to bed.
Suddenly, the noise woke her up as she saw that Steve became a giant Griffin with wings. Diana tries to catch him as he flies all over Metropolis, including the pier. She manages to lasso him, but she becomes upset as she sees others who could manage to take care of their pets. She then hears the noise at the city as the Hydra attacks there. She regains her morale and also encourages Steve to fight, proving that Themyscirean pets are stronger than normal World of Man pets. She battles the Hydra by successfully slicing its three heads. Unfortunately, the hydra emerges again with three more heads, adding up to six, and Diana continues to fight. The hydra, however, tied its necks as Diana and Steve move directly, defeating the monster. She finds the missing piece to the vase, so she puts the vase pieces back together again and the hydra smoke returns to its rightful place.
Diana decided that Steve has to go back home, so she rows to Themyscira and leaves Steve there with his family. Diana rows away, saying goodbye to Steve before the episode ends.
- Kimberly Brooks as Karen Beecher/Bumblebee
- Grey Griffin as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman
- Tara Strong as Barbara Gordon/Batgirl
- Nicole Sullivan as Kara Danvers/Supergirl
- Fred Tatasciore as Mr. Chapin
- Kari Wahlgren as Zee Zatara/Zatanna, Julia Kapatelis
- Myrna Velasco as Jessica Cruz/Green Lantern
- The title is a reference to J.K. Rowling's book, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- Cartoon Network Australia announced the episode.
- Steve, a griffin, was named after Steve Trevor.
- Jimmy Olsen appears in this episode, but he has no lines.
- This is currently the episode with the longest title in the series. The second longest is "The Good The Bad and The Bizarre."
- This is Ace's second appearance. He first appeared in "Beasts in Show."
- This the fifth episode that was animated by Boulder Media. The previous episodes were "Ally Cat," "League Of Shadows," "It's Complicated," and "The Bird and the Bee."
|v • e Generation 2 TV episodes|