|“||You broke up with her on Valentine's Day?||”|
#It'sComplicated is the forty-sixth episode of season 1 of DC Super Hero Girls.
Hal sneaks around Metropolis High School on Valentine's Day, trying to hide from Carol. He tells Jess that he broke up with Carol on Valentine's Day. Carol nonchalantly passes by Hal and wishes him a happy Valentine's Day, then heads to another boy who gives her flowers. Hal interrupts them, and Carol introduces the boy as her new boyfriend, Thaal Sinclair. Hal announces that he's decided to take Carol back, and Carol laughs and explains she's staying with Thaal.
A montage plays of Hal secretly trying to sabotage Thaal and Carol's date, but Thaal turns around the sabotage attempts into romantic gestures and impressive feats. After consulting with Jess, Hal declares "I should change who I am to win her back." Another montage plays of Hal's romantic gestures, each one rejected by Carol. Carol asks Jess for help in avoiding Hal.
Jess tells Hal she needs to talk to him, but before she says anything else Hal begs and cries at Carol's feet for her to take him back. Carol takes him back and explains that she got a new boyfriend to make Hal jealous and better himself. She tells Thaal she never loved him. Thaal replies that he never loved her either, and he was trying to get to Hal.
Thaal introduces himself as Thaal Sinestro and switches to a Yellow Lantern costume. He tells Hal "last you saw me, I donned the color green, back when you and I were best buds! THE most unstoppable team in the Green Lantern Corps! But that was before you ghosted me! Dropped off the face of the universe! Never called me back! You broke up the most beautiful bromance the universe has ever seen!"
Sinestro attacks Hal, but Star Sapphire helps Hal defeat Sinestro. Hal promptly breaks up with Carol, and she attacks him. Sinestro joins the attack, asking Hal "Do you even think about other people's feelings?!" Sinestro then tries to "steal" Hal's "actual girlfriend", Jessica, by shooting flowers and chocolates at her. Star Sapphire attacks Jessica too, accusing her of stealing Hal from her. Dex-Starr joins the attack on Jessica after getting back his Power Ring of Rage.
Jessica convinces Hal to apologize to Carol and Thaal. Hal apologizes "for being so awesome", "charming, "irresistible", "super-cool", and "fun to hang out with". Carol sees this as a "vulnerable, sensitive side" of Hal, and Sinestro sees Hal as a "true bro" who would "humble himself". Carol, Sinestro, and incidentally Dex-Starr accept Hal and the four of them sail in the sky toward the moon Together as bests of friends.
- Keith Ferguson as Thaal Sinclair/Sinestro
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Dex-Starr
- Jason Spisak as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern
- Kari Wahlgren as Carol Ferris/Star Sapphire
- Myrna Velasco as Jessica Cruz/Green Lantern
- Lauren Faust confirmed this episode in a tweet on March 7, 2020.
- When this episode was announced, it was scheduled to air on April 26, 2020, but was replaced by "Breaking News" at the last minute.
- It is revealed that Hal broke up with Carol on Valentine's Day.
- Coincidentally, this episode and the next have a plot that is heavily centered around romance.
- This the third episode that was animated by Boulder Media. The first was "Ally Cat" and the second was "League Of Shadows".
- Sinestro was a teenager rather than his adult G1 version.
- It seems that each of the Lanterns know about each other's identities, though Hal, Carol and Jessica didn't know about Sinestro's until he revealed himself, most likely cause he never had a secret identity until then due to being an alien.
|v • e Generation 2 TV episodes|