This article is a stub. You can help DC Super Hero Girls Wikia by expanding it.
|“||Are you two trying to blow my cover? Headmaster McDougal will suspect me immediately if he sees unauthorized visitors.||”|
#SchoolGhoul is the forty-ninth episode of Season 1 of DC Super Hero Girls.
On a dark and stormy night, an evil spirit haunts McDougal Academy. Tatsu, covering as a student there, attempts to call Diana for assistance, but Barbara and Kara intercept her phone and respond to her call instead.
At the school, the strict Headmaster McDougal confiscates Batgirl's shoelaces because they violate the dress code. Tatsu then explains to the two girls that she has been searching for the spirit, dubbed Silver Banshee, and intends to imprison it with Soul Taker. Kara, who does not believe in ghosts, dismisses this, much to Tatsu's chagrin.
Babs and Tatsu search for Silver Banshee, all the while, Kara films their reactions with her cell phone, completely oblivious to objects floating on their own and other things associated with ghosts. While making a sandwich, Kara attempts to trick them by telling that the ghost is in front of her, with the intent to post a video of them on the internet. However, when they arrive, Silver Banshee actually does appear, with Kara learning of her existence when filming a selfie.
The three girls adopt their respective superhero personas and capture Silver Banshee, but the spirit, through Soul Taker, explains that she is actually searching for a family heirloom that was wrongfully taken from her after she was killed by her brother for having it passed down to her. Silver Banshee is released, after which she confronts Headmaster McDougal. Learning of his mistake, he returns the heirloom, finally allowing Silver Banshee to rest in peace.
The next day, the students of McDougal Academy rejoice over their confiscated belongings being returned to them. Kara still refuses to believe that ghosts exist, prompting Barbara to scare her.
- Keith Ferguson as Headmaster McDougal
- Rina Hoshino as Tatsu Yamashiro/Katana
- Cristina Milizia as Siobhan McDougal/Silver Banshee
- Tara Strong as Barbara Gordon/Batgirl
- Nicole Sullivan as Kara Danvers/Supergirl
- In this episode, Tatsu is shown to be enrolled in McDougal Academy. However, she was previously shown attending Metropolis High School in "Scrambled Eggs."
- Based on chronological order, she came to Metropolis High before moving to McDougal Academy and then back. It is unknown (and also odd) why she did this.
- When Kara says that she does not believe in ghosts, Katana references the events of "Soul Sisters."
- This is the first episode of the series to show a character being murdered.
- This the sixth episode that was animated by Boulder Media. The previous episodes were "Ally Cat," "League Of Shadows," "It's Complicated," "The Bird and the Bee," and "Fantastic Beasts and How To Mind Them."
- Supergirl and Batgirl now know that Tatsu is Katana.
- Babs lifted Tatsu after the latter reacted to a jumpscare. This is similar to how Shaggy holds Scooby Doo.
- Batgirl using a vacuum to trap Silver Banshee in it could be a reference to Ghostbusters.
|v • e Generation 2 TV episodes|