#ShellShock is the fiftieth short of DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts that premiered online on YouTube.
In class, both Karen and Kara are paired up for an assignment to take care of an egg for a day and to make sure it doesn't crack or break. While Karen is excited as Kara is otherwise bored, she wants to name the egg "Karen Jr." As the girls are walking, Karen revealed she can't take the egg home as her parents are having some work done at her house and asked Kara to do it, even though she doesn't trust her to do it, which she tells she'll do it as Kara boards the bus and placed Karen Jr. next to her, even saying goodbye.
While on the bus, Kara gets a text from Karen if everything's ok, followed by a bunch of texts, which Kara texted back that she'll take care of the egg, as she left the bus only to realize she left Karen Jr. back on the bus and chased after it and sees someone almost sitting on it, causing her to yell out "Stop" which the bus driver stopped the bus and the egg flew into a baby's mouth, which he spits out and bounces off a newspaper, off a woman's hair and left bus and on the back of a bike. Kara then exits out of the bus and started chasing after Karen Jr.
During the chase, Kara takes down a robber who robbed a bank, saves a mother and her baby from a falling piano, puts on her Supergirl costume to save a building on fire with her ice breath, then changes back into Kara as she sees Karen Jr. at the Farmer's Market and sees a bunch of eggs being used for numerous things and looked for Karen Jr. She finally finds it being laid on a chicken in its nest but when the chicken refuses to give it up, she switches it with another egg and prepares to leave. Unfortunely, Kara accidentally stepped on an egg, causing all the chickens to strike back for what she did. She then hides in a shed, thinking she was safe, only to see more chickens who see her with Karen Jr. and attacked her. The next day at school Karen sees Kara covered in chicken feathers and asked her if Karen Jr. was ok and she revealed that the egg's fine and admits she has a craving for an omelet, followed by her blowing one of the feathers off her face.
- Kimberly Brooks as Karen Beecher/Bumblebee
- Eddie Perino as Teacher
- Nicole Sullivan as Kara Danvers/Supergirl
- Fred Tatasciore as Robber
- This "Digital Exclusive" short was paired up with "Big Screen Bully" on its original release date.
- The plot of characters being assigned to take care of an egg would later be recycled for the episode "Scrambled Eggs."
- Although this short premiered in 2020, it was produced in 2019 according to the end credits.
- The title of the short is a reference to a form of post-traumatic stress disorder many soldiers faced during World War I.
- Unlike most episodes and shorts, the title appears at the top of the screen instead of the bottom.
- Throughout the short; Karen Jr. showed several face expressions.
Click here to view this page's gallery.
|v • e Generation 2 animated media|