|This article is about Supergirl (G1). For the generation two version, see Supergirl (G2).|
|To better cover the various aspects of the subject matter, this article has been split into one main page and several subpages. Select which one you wish to read.|
|Cartoon - Books - Merchandise|
Supergirl, (also known by real name Kara Zor-El, or nicknamed Supes) is a main character in the first generation of the DC Super Hero Girls franchise. She is a student at Super Hero High School and the cousin of Superman.
- Alien Physiology:
- Solar Energy Absorption:
- Solar Empowerment:
- Heliokinetic Combat:
- Heat Vision:
- Heat Beam Emission:
- Pyrokinetic Combat:
- Supernatural Hearing:
- Parabolic Hearing:
- Electromagnetic Vision:
- Aura Detection:
- X-Ray Vision:
- Microscopic Vision:
- Infrared Perception:
- Aerial Adaptation:
- Atmospheric Adaptation:
- Vacuum Adaptation:
- High-Speed Flight:
- Aerial Combat Mastery:
- Gravity Manipulation:
- Gyrokinetic Flight:
- Gyrokinetic Combat:
- Supernaturally Dense Tissue:
- Bio-Electric Aura:
- Energy Immunity:
- Supernatural Strength:
- Strength Combat:
- Supernatural Speed:
- Accelerated Perception:
- Supernatural Agility:
- Athletic Combat:
- Supernatural Reflexes:
- Enhanced Breath:
- Air Breath:
- Aerokinetic Combat:
- Ice Breath:
- Freezing Breath:
- Cryokinetic Combat:
- Vacuum Breath:
- Super Breath:
- Vulnerability to All Kryptonites: Supergirl's most well-known weakness are the green, red, blue, purple, orange and yellow glowing rocks from Krypton. Even the smallest piece of Kryptonite, is enough to weaken her. The green type is the most deadly.
- Vulnerability to Red Solar Radiation:
- Vulnerability to Magic: Magic can harm or affect Supergirl, as seen in Super-Villain High when she attempts to escape a chamber she was trapped in by Lena and Cheetah.
- Vulnerability to Lead: She also cannot see through lead.
The Kind One
The new girl in school on a new planet, Supergirl has a lot to learn before she can become a full-fledged Super Hero, but she's powerfully persistent with super strength and x-ray vision.
- Spacecraft: Supergirl has her own jet which she usually flies around in as opposed to flying. She first flew her jet in Batnapped.
- Motor-mobile: Another way Supergirl can transport. She used this to race against Wonder Woman's invisible motorcycle in Around Metropolis in 80 Seconds.
As seen in Hero of the Year, when Krypton exploded, Kara's parents forced her into a jet so she could escape to Earth. When she protests, stating that they should come with her, her parents explain that there isn't enough space for them all, and they have a tearful goodbye. As Kara's ship blasts her off to Earth, she travels at the speed of light; traveling so fast that she arrives a few years in the future, older. When she arrived on Earth, she received superpowers from the sun, and was adopted by the Kents. She is now a student at Super Hero High.
Supergirl has long blonde hair and wears a light blue headband. She has pale skin and light blue eyes and wears a blue t-shirt with a House of El crest on it and a short red cape, and a red cheerleader designed skirt. She also wears a red bracelet on her right wrist and a blue and a yellow one on her left (one of them was a gift from Barbara Gordon), a crystal pendant from her now deceased mother, as well as white and red high tops.
Supergirl is very kind and caring and extremely powerful but she's also very clumsy.
- Barbara Gordon : Supergirl's best friend, and first true friend when she came to Super Hero High. While Barbara helped Supergirl become a better superhero, she helped her become a hero herself (Batgirl).
- Wonder Woman: Although they get along nicely, Wonder Woman was initially jealous of Supergirl, thinking she wanted to outshine her. They are also mutually competitive.
- Harley Quinn : Harley was the first to give Supergirl a tour of the school They are good friends, but Supergirl does tire of Harley's constant pranks.
- Pictures of Krypto and Comet are visible in Supergirl's dorm room.
- Her heat vision is over 9000 degrees.
- Supergirl's default look was loosely based on her appearance in Superman: The Animated Series.
- Here, she is younger than Superman. In most depictions, she is older.
- In G1, her name is pronounced “cair-uh” rather than “kar-uh”.
- Apparently, a large double spinach sardine and pickle berry smoothie tastes just like her favorite Kryptonian desert.
- In her LEGO version, her favorite band is called Opposite Direction.