|The Bird and the Bee||Gallery||Transcript|
This article is a stub. You can help DC Super Hero Girls Wikia by expanding it.
|“||It's the only way I can love her.||”|
#TheBirdAndTheBee is the forty-seventh episode of season 1 of DC Super Hero Girls.
During a series of battles and emergencies, Wonder Woman separates the Super Hero Girls and The Invinci-Bros into pairs and much to Bumblebee's terror, she gets paired with Hawkman each time. One day, Bumblebee discovers Hawkman drawing a portrait of a girl during art class and he reluctantly tells her that it is his true love and that they were cursed to reincarnate for eternity. Bumblebee then tracks her down and decides to help Hawkman express his true feelings to her, much to his dismay.
After a montage of Hawkman trying and falling at various gestures of love, Hawkman decides that there is no hope, to which Bumblebee declines and convinces him to find another way; Hawkman concludes that he can at least try to be her friend. When he has a brief conversation with her, she invites him on a date with her, which he accepts.
Just as Hawkman arrives at the restaurant, however, Hath-Set, the reason the romance between Hawkman and Shiera always ends in shambles, attacks him. Hawkman and Bumblebee battle Hath-Set and prepares to make them perish, but Hawkman remarks that he has not yet gone on a date with Shiera. Disappointed, Hath-Set leaves, but not before warning Hawkman that he will one day return to carry on the destiny.
Back at the restaurant, Hawkman decides not to go on the date, as "it's the only way [he] can love [Shiera]." Shiera, dismayed that Hawkman never showed up, tearfully departs from the restaurant, leaving behind a napkin on which she has drawn Hawkman.
- Kimberly Brooks as Karen Beecher/Bumblebee
- Grey Delisle Griffin as Wonder Woman
- Phil LaMarr as Carter Hall/Hawkman
- Stephanie Lemelin as Shiera Sanders
- Sean Rohani as Hath-Set
Batgirl, Supergirl, Zatanna, Hal, Jessica, Green Arrow, and Aqualad have no lines in this episode.
- The title of the episode is a reference to the phrase "birds and the bees," which is often used as a euphemism for courtship.
- Albeit briefly, this is the second time the Super Hero Girls and The Invinci-Bros have worked together, after "DC Super Hero Boys."
- Karen breaks the fourth wall when she says, "Best plot twist ever!" to the audience.
- Coincidentally, this episode and the previous have a plot that is heavily centered around romance.
- This is the first episode in which Hawkman has extensive dialogue.
- This the fourth episode that was animated by Boulder Media. The previous episodes were "Ally Cat," "League Of Shadows," and "It's Complicated."
- When the Super Hero Teens are about to take the robot on, Hal, Flash, and Green Arrow are missing.
- Also, the Teens are seen standing side by side. But in the next shot, they are seen standing behind Wonder Woman.
- Continuity Error: In the short Shell Shock, Supergirl is seen taking out a fire in a building alone with her freeze breath, but in this episode, the Super Hero Teens are taking out a fire together. However, this may just happen to be a different situation where the Super Hero Teens decide to take out the fire together.
- When Karen drops the students' paintings, she takes a look at the picture Carter drew. In the next shot, the students' paintings are back to normal.
|v • e Generation 2 TV episodes|