#Vegecide is the thirty-sixth short of DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts that was released online.
While heading to a rally, Jessica informs Karen that she's going to get something healthy to eat and enters a cafe. Meanwhile, Pamela spots Jessica as she notices that sign and thinks Jessica is going to the rally. Just then, Phil, her plant, suggests going to the rally too but after a one-sided argument (which was actually a two-sided one), Ivy gives in and finally agrees to let him go to the rally with her, even calling him a "Socially Butterfly ". However, it turns out that the cafe Jessica went into was a vegan cafe, as she sees everyone eating all the veggies, including Jessica who just drinks a smoothie. Enraged by this, Pamela uses her Poison Ivy powers to have the veggies fight back on those who ate them, including Jessica. With that being done, Pamela told Phil they can skip the rally and go get some juicy steaks instead.
With most people leaving in panic from the cafe, Jessica was the only one left as she transforms into Green Lantern and fought the veggies, to the point where she use her ring and create a cute bunny that ate the flower that controls the veggies. Later, after transforming back, Jessica grabbed her sign and headed to the rally, revealing it to be a protest with a lumber shop as Karen sees Jessica and wonders how was her lunch and she replied "Definitely Not as healthy as I thought it would be ."
- Kimberly Brooks as Karen Beecher/Bumblebee
- Cristina Milizia as Pamela Lillian Isley/Poison Ivy
- Jason Spisak as Vine Victim
- Myrna Velasco as Jessica Cruz/Green Lantern
- The title of the short is a portmanteau between the words "vegetable" and "homicide."
- This short showcases that while caring for plants and trees, Pamela would rather eat meat than vegan food. This was also touched upon in the episode "Misgiving Tree."
- On October 12, 2019, this short and "Star Struck" were released as a "Digital Exclusive" on Cartoon Network UK's YouTube channel.
Click here to view this page's gallery.
|v • e Generation 2 animated media|